Making a relevant and lasting impact to support the launch of a new line of products, enhancing the baker Kingsmill’s reputation.
Food and drink are two of the essentials that we all need in order to survive, which is why the hospitality industry plays such a vital role in our society. However, running a successful food-based business is not as simple as it may seem.
In order to maintain a steady stream of customers, businesses need to constantly adapt to the ever-changing needs and wants of consumers, both on and offline. This is where consumer research comes in. By understanding the current challenges that customers are facing during their leisure time or when shopping, businesses can make the necessary changes to their products and services. For example, the recent increase in eco-store openings can be attributed to the fact that consumers are increasingly looking for more positive omnichannel shopping experiences. By understanding these trends, businesses can stay one step ahead of the competition.
However, it’s not just about the products. The logistics involved with making sure shoppers have what they want, where they want it, on time are just as an important to understand and get right. We’ve all experienced disruption in the supply chain over recent years and know how frustrating it is when things go wrong.
Sapio can provide research services with the potential to deliver game-changing data to your organisation.
- Brand – The attributes associated with a brand, how it’s positioned in a market and the competitive landscape. Brand perception work often has greater longevity than simple brand awareness and recall measures.
- Customer satisfaction and recommendation – Within consumer markets in particular word of mouth is prevalent, so understanding your NPS score and likelihood of switching enables you to be forearmed.
- Product development – Innovation and product introduction in fast moving, often fickle environments is tough. Being able to quickly test potential colourways, brand assets and campaigns can keep you one step ahead of the competition.
- Price optimisation – launch with confidence and understand the price elasticity of changes. Go one step further ad understand how they make their purchasing decisions.
- Segmentation – Identifying different sectors and what is important to each is increasingly critical for targeting, personalisation and content creation.
- Personas – Sizing the segments and identifying their outlying characteristics enables us to create buyer and user personas, and choose who to prioritise your efforts on.
- Channel – who do they listen to, what are they interested in, where do they hang out, what need are they fulfilling? What do you need to be doing to influence them effectively?
At Sapio, we have a wealth of experience working with big brands in the food and drink industry. Our recent work in the food market research sector includes a project for Kingsmill, and our researchers have also worked with the liked of Coca Cola, Tefal, Unilever, Sainsburys and Slush Puppie, amongst others.