To be effective, particularly in B2B markets, thought leadership has to:
- Answer questions that customers and potential customers want answered
- Offer a unique perspective on topics that are relevant and interesting
- Put you at the centre of conversations
- Ensure you are leading conversations
- Stimulate engagement between prospects and your organisation
- Be part of a wider content marketing strategy
So, where does market research fit into thought leadership?
At Sapio we help organisations in two key ways.
1. We help organisations understand and stress test the effectiveness of the topics you want to focus on by using our specially developed Clear Air Methodology. This combines digital “listening” with original research to identify what business decision makers and consumers really want to learn about compared to what is being talked about most regularly. We bring a level of objectivity to the evaluation of thought leadership topics helping to ensure that what you develop will genuinely resonate with audiences.
2. We use research to provide original insight for thought leadership campaigns. People love statistics and original insight. We work with our clients to make research an integral part of the initiatives they run by:
- Understanding and reporting on the challenges companies or individuals are facing
- Identifying their fears and uncertainties
- Examining their attitudes to potential solutions.
We provide detailed, objective findings that your thought leaders can become experts on and because it’s insight based on original, robust research it doesn’t suffer from the bias that’s associated with opinion so you become a trusted source of information.
Whether your thought leadership initiative is designed to reinforce what you’re already talking about (your traditional area of expertise) or position you as an authority in an area you’re not yet associated with, research for thought leadership can help.
Thought leadership research should be a critical part of your content strategy.
- Build it
- Deploy it
- Convert it
At Sapio Research we understand the process and are more than happy to challenge your thinking.